“The privilege of a lifetime is to become who you truly are.”
Counselling & Therapy
I am here to guide and support you on your way to a more functional and fulfilling life
My approach to Counselling & Therapy is heavily rooted in Psychology (*Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, Talking Therapy) as well as in Mindfulness (Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction, Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Therapy) while I draw inspiration from my extensive studies in Yoga & Meditation.
Using these technologies I look at the person in its entirety from a holistic and compassionate point of view. In our sessions, different evidence-based techniques and tools will be interweaved and together with an intuitive outlook to you as a unique human we will together find a flexible and unique set of tools towards your goals.
Examples of what we might work with:
• Motivation towards reaching your goals / Goal setting
• Problem Solving techniques
• Explore, confront and challenge deeply-rooted, dysfunctional beliefs (Cognitive Schemas, Cognitive Distortions/Thinking Traps,) that hold you back
• Talk Therapy: active listening to provide you with clear, useful feedback
• Behavioural Activation / Behavioural Experiment as tools against depression, anxiety or stress, to challenge rigid/ dysfunctional thinking or simply to create motivation
• Exposure Therapy to confront fears, fobias and other stressors
• Clinically Applied Relaxation techniques and different forms of Meditation to sooth anxiety and stress and learn healthy ways to relate to and connect with your body
• Role-Play to spot dysfunction in ways of relating to others, to practice functional interpersonal skills through interactive learning, to infuse confidence
• Incorporate Mindfulness Therapy (MBSR: Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction, MBCT: Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Therapy) and Acceptance in all life's aspects in order to regulate emotions, decrease stress, anxiety, depression and overwhelm as well as to cope with physical and emotional pain. Mindfulness Therapy is a set of invaluable tools that can effectively improve life quality.
• Personalized Homework to translate the contents of the session into real life settings, to accelerate behavioural change and increase the effectiveness of therapy
• Follow-up consultation: creating strategies to maintain current progress and generate future progress
Book a free 20 minute phone/ skype consultation with me in order to explore if we are a good match in working together. To schedule a free consultation fill in the following form with your name, email and a few words about why you are seeking Counselling.
If we decide to work together you wil be sent an extensive questionnaire that will provide me with important information in shaping personalized sessions that are tailor-suited to match your goals and needs.
The sessions are mainly held in English, Greek and partly Swedish upon request.
* Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) is an umbrella term for a variety of scientific, evidence-based methods and techniques. Several research studies suggest that CBT techniques can lead to significant improvement in functioning and overall quality of life. Furthermore, studies have shown that CBT can be as effective as, or more effective than other forms of psychotherapy and psychiatric medications. Read more about CBT here.